Thursday, July 15, 2010

NBC Announces Law & Order SVU and Law & Order: LA Premiere Dates

NBC has announced the season premiere dates for the 2010 fall schedule, which of course includes the dates for Law & Order SVU and Law & Order: LA. Here are the details from NBC:

NBC ANNOUNCES SERIES PREMIERE DATES FOR FALL 2010 SCHEDULE

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - July 15, 2010 - NBC announced today the premiere dates of its new Fall 2010-11 primetime schedule. Beginning the week of September 20, the premiere week schedule features the debuts of the network's highly anticipated new series - including "The Event," "Chase," "Undercovers," "Law & Order: Los Angeles," "Outsourced," "Outlaw" and "School Pride." This schedule will be adjusted to accommodate specials and holiday programming.

In addition, NBC again launches the NFL season with NFL Kickoff on Thursday, September 9 at 8 p.m. ET when the defending Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints host the Minnesota Vikings in a rematch of last year's NFC Championship Game. "Sunday Night Football" and "Football Night in America" officially debut on Sunday, September 12 when the Washington Redskins host the Dallas Cowboys in one of sports' most storied rivalries.

Following are the premiere dates for NBC's Fall 2010 primetime schedule (all times ET):

Monday, September 20

8-9 p.m. CHUCK

9-10 p.m. THE EVENT

10-11 p.m. CHASE

Tuesday, September 21

8-10 p.m. THE BIGGEST LOSER

10-11 p.m. PARENTHOOD

Wednesday, September 22

8-9 p.m. UNDERCOVERS

9-10 p.m. LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT

10-11 p.m. LAW & ORDER: LOS ANGELES

Thursday, September 23

8-8:30 p.m. COMMUNITY

8:30-9 p.m. 30 ROCK

9-9:30 p.m. THE OFFICE

9:30-10 p.m. OUTSOURCED

10-11 p.m. THE APPRENTICE

Friday, September 24

8-9 p.m. SCHOOL PRIDE

9-10 p.m. DATELINE

10-11 p.m. OUTLAW

Saturday, September 25

8-9 p.m. LAW & ORDER: LOS ANGELES (Repeat)

9-10 p.m. CHASE (Repeat)

10-11 p.m. LAW & ORDER: SVU (Repeat)

Thursday, September 9

8-11:30 p.m. NFL KICKOFF - Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints

Sunday, September 12 (regular day and time)

7-8:15 p.m. FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA

8:15-11:30 p.m. SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL - Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins




Check out my blog home page for the latest Law & Order information, on All Things Law And Order, here.

Also, see my companion Law & Order site,These Are Their Stories.

13 comments:

mrk2p said...

Wow uhm..so i guess we can screw the two hour SVU premiere neal baer lied about >=(

Joanne said...

Was 9pm-10pm the time that SVU was put on last year to make way for Jay Leno's show?

Chris Zimmer said...

Jojo - yes, SVU moved to 9 last year to make way for Jay. And look how that turned out!

Joanne said...

Thanks for that, in Australia it's on 9:30pm-10:30pm so I always forget if it's 9 or 10 in the US.

You'd have thought they paid attention after what happened last season! It's seems so silly to be risking alienating viewers of an established show in order to push a new show which may or may not kick off anyway.

This is all making me predisposed to hating LOLA even before it's been put together.

Briana said...

I wish fans of L&O/SVU would shut the freakin' hell up!

If you don't want LOLA, the damn franchise is shot to hell. More shot to hell than it already IS! SVU has LOST it's touch, CI hasn't HONESTLY been CI since season 5, but after season 7 the show FELL into hell!

You guys are hating LOLA over petulant, childish, & trivial stuff! Jeez! Give the show a damn chance!

Joanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanne said...

Well it is nice that you're giving the show a chance, Briana. Not so nice that you're calling me childish, but of course you're extremely grown up. Telling people to shut the freakin' hell up really shows that.

Quite frankly, I'm not too fussed about franchises as a whole. And that's not just L&O - I love CSI, but I completely hate the two spin-offs. I tend to take each show as it's own entity. However - since behind the scenes, the franchise *is* connected, I just think they should've invested in continuing the mothership instead of risking it with a new series. But - they've chosen to do LOLA which would be fine, if they weren't messing with SVUs ideal timeslot which is why I'm pissed off.

Plus, I very rarely watch a show from the start unless I've had recommendations or I happen to stumble across it after it has had a couple of seasons under it's belt. So it's really my general distaste of new untested things that isn't giving LOLA a go. But of course, you've said it's because I'm petulant, childish and trivial so you must be right.

svu luver said...

i'm glad svu is going back to the 9pm slot, i get to see it one hour earlier.

as for la law and order, i wish fans would give the show a chance. i admit it is kinda childish to be mad at a show for no 'actual' or 'reasonable' apparent reason. rene balcer would be upset.

svu luver said...

and for the record i don't see briana literally 'calling' you childish jojo (even though your response to her says otherwise).

Joshua Morton said...

Why don't we all shut up?!

L&O: LA is headed by Rene Balcer fans of L&O SHOULD be watching LA!

SVU - SVU STOPPED being SVU after the s10 finale "Zebras"!

CI - CI STOPPED being CI after the s8 episodes "Family Values"/"Revolution"!

Briana makes a point, some L&O fans do drive their anger and agnst through the ground! On these blog sites and NBC/USA Network message boards!

Joanne said...

"and for the record i don't see briana literally 'calling' you childish jojo (even though your response to her says otherwise)."

She directed it at fans of SVU, which I consider myself to be, and stated that people were hating LOLA for "petulant, childish and trivial stuff" - and considering I had just said I was hating on LOLA...well 2 and 2.

Admittedly I was in a defensive sort of mood, and may have come off as a little more vitriolic than I intended....I just really don't like being told to shut the freakin' hell up when I have an opinion to express. Telling others to 'shut up' really doesn't make for good discussion, does it?

And my 'actual' reason for dislike really is that I think LOLA may have helped along the cancellation of the mothership and also because it's taking SVUs timeslot, as I said. Which I think are 'actual' reasons.

It isn't really LOLA per se - if they made the new show, aired it on a different time without bothering the other shows in the franchise, I wouldn't be against it at all until I've watched it. As it stands, I don't like that everything else is making concessions for it.

But I guess disliking things is not allowed, so I'll stop.

Anonymous said...

I just wish they wouldn't lump the two shows together like this. SVU has always had more mature subjects and should be on at a later time. I know that LOLA is an unknown factor (considering they've only cast Skeet, I truly doubt this show is going to start on the date they say). Ack I just think NBC didn't think this through. They should have gone with LOLA as a midseason replacement and just cut back on the mothership. They'd have the show fully cast and then the base could get excited or not about the show. And those of us who still love the original could have gotten behind the newer product. My two cents not hating the new show...geez people get real...these are just shows. Honestly, I'm just glad I still have something LAO to watch.

MissKittyFantastico

Wallyhorse said...

Well:

As noted in a later blog, it looks like "SVU" will have a two-hour premiere on 9/22 and the new LA version will premiere the following week on 9/29. That would make sense given what has been reported that the start of filming the new version has been delayed until Monday 8/2, most likely because of delays in casting that as noted in the later thread I attribute to all of the major sporting events that have been going on non-stop since the end of last TV season, and as a result (especially for the World Cup) many people taking vacation time when they wouldn't normally as there has been no breathing room until now because of that.