Friday, March 12, 2010

Mariska Hargitay Not Ready For Chris Meloni To Exit SVU


The Courier Mail, the same people who broke the story that Chris Meloni would be leaving Law & order SVU after season 12 now has a new story which covers how Mariska is dealing with this issue. Here is an excerpt from the article titled Law & Order: SVU actress Mariska Hargitay not ready to lose co-star Chris Meloni:

"With long days - often 15 hours - together on set, Hargitay and Meloni have formed a bond that goes far beyond their characters on screen. Both married with children - Hargitay's son August, to husband Peter Hermann, will turn four in June; while Meloni has two children, Sophia, who turns 9 this month, and Dante, 6, to wife Doris Sherman Williams - they have both chipped in to buy a holiday beach property and their combined families often go on vacation together.

On set they talk of themselves as pseudo husband and wife, brother and sister….”

"I can't really imagine doing the show without Chris and I can't imagine Olivia . . .," Hargitay says, a finger resting longways under a teary eye, as we sit on the set of Law & Order: SVU in Manhattan. "I don't think she could be without him; she loves him, he's her other half. He's her husband, he's her man, he's her life, he's her rock…”


You can read the full article here, make sure you have your tissues ready to wipe your tears:
Law & Order: SVU actress Mariska Hargitay not ready to lose co-star Chris Meloni

Check out my blog home page for the latest Law & Order information, on All Things Law And Order, here.

Also, see my companion Law & Order site,These Are Their Stories.

9 comments:

Joanne said...

Thank you for the link *wipes tear*. I'd miss Stabler, but what I'd really miss is the squad dynamic. The main players haven't changed since the start of Season 2 and to me, these people *are* SVU. I know it's a procedural and original L&O has worked this many years with cast changes, but I don't know that I could deal with it for SVU.

It's like when Mulder left the X-Files, it just wasn't the same *sigh*.

Hillary B. Kimsey said...

Didn't Neal Baer deny that Meloni was leaving the show multiple times on Twitter?

Chris Zimmer said...

Yes Hillary he did ay first...and then he got very quiet on the matter, I suspect because Chris really made those comments and Neal may not have been fully aware of it.

Hillary B. Kimsey said...

I'm still not sure if I believe it, but I certainly appreciate your dedication in posting the latest. I certainly don't want to believe it.

Canada Girl said...

I know I am in the minority here but Stabler hands down is my fav on the show and I think with him leaving it will definately change the dymanic of the show. I can understand Chris' need and want to leave. He has played Stabler as far as Stabler can go and I believe the writers (who will probably muck up his exit) haven't been doing very well in writing for Stabler.

Once CM leaves the show will be all about Mariska Hargitay's charactor which makes me think that will really bring down the show.

It will be interesting to see the ratings after CM leaves and who is really watching the show. I may give it a chance but I can see its not going to get better after CM leaves.

Yuliana LM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yuliana LM said...

Thank you for posting the lastest on this... it means so much
CM leaving is going to seriously affect the show... but Is it a CM's decision? or is it because of the plot line of the show (I mean Elliot has to go)? I'd like to see how Stabler ends...
I don't know if I'm a minority here, but I've been cooking up a theory: while watching the complexity of their relationship, I thought that it would end tragically, that something is going to happen to Elliot or the Cap finally will be force to split them up. Either way, it's going to lead with their separation, and (like Mariska says) Olivia's fate will be devastating. She can't be without him, he's her life, he's her only family... so I've been thinking that she would end up committing suicide or letting herself get killed on a mission... all these because of her loneliness, possible depresion and her constant feeling about her not deserving to be alive, to redimming with her mother. And with Elliot gone,SVU will be all that she got left.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I think. Thoug that would be a great ending!

Canada Girl... said...

It will definately lead to the separation of Stabler and Benson but I am in the minority here and I really don't want Stabler killed off. I think he should either retire OR move to a different "less stressful" squad.

My personal opinion is when CM leaves the show MH won't last much longer...two years max. AND I do think the show may not do well after CM's departure...I know a lot of people have expressed they would stop watching after he leaves. The writing won't get any better because it will be focused more on Olivia than anyone else and how she is dealing without Stabler and a new partner. It will become more of a soap opera.

I am thinking CM is leaving because of the show in general. Stabler needs more growth in his charactor and CM probably feels like he has played Stabler as far as Stabler can go. CM has also expressed interest in persuing other adventures...like Broadway and comedy and more movies. I wish him all the best of luck and hope he doesn't fall into a black whole. He is SUCH a talented actor. Would hate to see that wasted.

Anonymous said...

I think the show can do OK without Meloni if they cast the right male lead, and there are tons of hot hunky guys out there with acting skills that can fit the bill. I am starting to think that the show is really more about Benson/Hargitay, and if they give her a good guy to work with, she this may bring some new life to this show.