Thursday, February 22, 2024

Law & Order SVU “Zone Rouge” Discussion Topic



Here is the discussion topic for Law & Order SVU “Zone Rouge” which aired on Thursday, February 22, 2024. Please feel free to add any feedback you have about this episode in the comments!

I'm glad the Maddie storyline has wrapped up.  It sucked all the energy away from the other characters.  And I'm not quite sure what they are trying to accomplish by adding two female detectives to the mix. Are they just throwing things up against the wall to see what/who sticks? The chemistry between the lead characters is...well, frankly, there isn't any. I miss Rollins, something I thought I would never say.    I appreciate that Mariska is the lead and draws in viewers, but I enjoy SVU episodes more when the other characters get some time to shine.  Something's definitely amiss with the rhythm of this show; I'm finding that I don't care much anymore for any of the characters. 

5 comments:

SH said...

It was a great episode! I'm glad that the Maddie storyline is over, and I think it's a good ending for it.

It was intense. The only thing that I wish was that Jordana Spiro wouldn't have played a different character so soon (she last appeared in "A Final Call at Forlini's Bar," which wasn't been long ago yet).

So far, in season 25, my favorite episodes are: "Tunnel Blind," "Duty to Report," and "Zone Rouge."

Uchechukwu C. Daniel said...

It's about time SVU had more detectives.

Not to downplay the 3 under Capt. Benson, but they can only do so much.

Jim said...

So this season they've added one new female detective, and a new acting captain. But no love for Det. Bruno, sadly ignored when the team was being recognized on the stairs. And where's Det. Churlish? Weren't they bringing her on with Bruno last year after Muncy left?

Laurie F said...

Am I the only one that thought this episode was awful? Why must Benson be front and center every week? Yeah I know the answer to that question but that can't stop me from wishing we see the other detectives get into the action. I'm confused about Cpt. Curry and the FBI agent, are there now two females going for a position as detectives on SVU? Did I miss something or are these people just on loan and if so why? I feel like I am watching some sort of tryout, and whoever the fans like more they will keep. (Rollins is looking pretty good right now and why did they cut her if they can't seem to replace her?) I agree with Jim - what's the deal with Bruno? He got a lot of fan love last season but now they barely throw fans a bone. Chris, I agree about the chemistry, there isn't any!

Again, Benson saves the day, and I don't feel satisfied watching it. Am I hate watching this show at this point? I sometimes wonder why I bother to tune in.

brit said...

It seemed unrealistic that nothing bad really happened to Maddie but like every one i'm glad its over. I like the addition of the fbi detective/profiler but i don't understand why Capt. Curry is there i was confused right from the beginning. The show seems afraid to give Bruno a permanent spot i don't get it.