Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Law & Order SVU Gets Sharon Stone, Mischa Barton

Several sources are reporting that Sharon Stone will be joining the cast of Law & Order SVU for a 4 episode story arc in April. “Super scooper” Michael Ausiello from EW says “Law & Order: SVU is once again living up to its title as the most stunt-casting-obsessed series on television. “ (Thanks for saying it for me Michael, because if I said it I would get nasty emails!) You can read Michael Ausiello’s full story at this link.)

Likewise, several sources reported yesterday that Mischa Barton will guest star and will play a hooker.

The Sharon Stone news sounds interesting, the Mischa Barton news, not so much.


Check out my blog home page for the latest Law & Order information, on All Things Law And Order, here.

Also, see my companion Law & Order site,These Are Their Stories.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ausiello said "The Oscar-nominated actress will play a former cop-turned-prosecutor who will (presumably) go toe-to-toe with Benson, Stabler, and the gang." This sounds almost like Christine Lahti's character who went toe to toe with Benson and Stabler. Can't SVU do anything original?

Anonymous said...

SVU has to stunt cast because the stories have gotten so lousy no one would watch the show otherwise. The constant stunt casting is a sign of desperation in my opinion. Notice that the mothership isn't doing stunt casting too much, and their show is actually improving in the ratings on Friday nights.

Rose said...

Wow, people sure are nasty about this show. There are a lot of reasons to watch this show other than stunt casting. I know it's not as good as it used to be, but I've really enjoyed Season 11 so far and would consider it a huge improvement on Seasons 9 and 10. Give the Sharon Stone arc a chance, it's not necessarily going to be identical to Christine Lahti's role on the show! Stop being bitter and give the show a chance; it may not be what it used to, but I still consider it far more watchable than most of the crap on TV nowadays.

daniel said...

thanks for the news, but does this mean she will replace Stephanie March ? i hope not!

Anonymous said...

Let the scenery chewing begin. I wonder if she will do her special "chair" scene just for Stabler?

It is interesting that the franchise can still get big guest stars, now if they could just get some decent writers on SVU....

Joanne said...

I'm usually alright about the stunt-casting because to be honest, I don't really watch enough TV to know who the people are (eg. I had never heard of Naveen Andrews or Christine Lahti before I read that they were guest starring). These two, however, I definitely do know and it actually kind of bothers me because it's getting too frequent now and *very* high profile. It's like a new guest star is announced every few episodes. While the stars are great, the show doesn't need it and it completely detracts from the show and the story itself. SVU can walk and run on it's own, it doesn't need crutches shoved in it's direction. I'm not hating on the show either, I love the show, which is why I think we could do without the guests. But since they'll be in it, I'll look forward to seeing what they do with the episodes.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Rose....110%. I am tired of the hateful comments about SVU..its really getting old. Thanks Rose for finally saying what should be said!!!