Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Vincent D’Onofrio: “Five Minutes Mr. Welles”


Since this is a slow time for Law & Order franchise news, I thought I’d share with you a short film directed by, and starring, Vincent D’Onofrio. It’s called “Five Minutes Mr. Welles." The Internet Movie Database describes the film:

England 1949. Broke for cash, Orson Welles has agreed to play a part in a spy movie, "The Third Man." The pivotal scene of the movie is about to be shot. But there is a problem: Orson isn't happy with Harry Lime's lines.


This short film hasn't been seen much, if at all, outside of film festivals until now. Someone recently uploaded it to YouTube. The person's YouTube profile describes the video as "my film," so there is some speculation in the VDO Fan Universe that believes THE MAN HIMSELF (I say this in my best booming VDO/Orson Welles voice) put it out there. Personally, I'm just glad it's available for viewing. By the way, don’t let the title, and the fact that it's on YouTube, possibly mislead you - the film is longer than 5 minutes. It runs a little over 30 minutes. And probably in keeping with the period that this short film takes place, it's in black and white.

By the way, Vincent D'Onofrio will be turning 49 on June 30th.



Five Minutes Mr. Welles





Check out my blog home page for the latest Law & Order information, here.

Also, see my companion Law & Order site,These Are Their Stories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can someone direct me to the season that a certain Law & Order episode appeared in as I want to buy the DVD.
I am looking for an episode where a kid named "tater" is involved, my wife loves this episode but I don't know when or more about the story line.

Thanks

Chris Zimmer said...

I can't recall the episode. Do you remember the premise of the case, or who starred in it from the regular L&O cast?