Thursday, February 16, 2023

Law & Order SVU “Dutch Tears” Discussion Topic




Here is the discussion topic for Law & Order SVU “Dutch Tears” which aired on Thursday, February 16, 2023. Please feel free to add any feedback you have about this episode in the comments!



Note – for the record - here is the dialog where Fin speaks to Detective Bruno about Munch: 

Fin: See, I had a partner years ago, an old homicide detective. He had the same exact defense mechanism.

Bruno: Is he still around?

Fin: No, he retired. I guess he just ran out of gas. Last I heard, he moved back to Baltimore. Met a divorced female rabbi.

Bruno: A rabbi?

Fin: Yeah. And he bought back his old cop bar. It's about 1:30a.m.  He's probably cracking a joke to some barfly. That  skinny bastard had a punchline for every second of the day.

Bruno: It sounds like you miss him.

Fin:  I'm not into nostalgia. I mean, that stuff's heavy. Brings you down.

4 comments:

BB said...

I thought it was a nice Episode

Love The Munch Reference! Looks like we went back to Baltimore and regained his bar.

Laurie F said...

It was a great feature for Ice-T, Fin deserved an episode focused on him. I wasn't happy with how he handled his gun, though. He gets home and just sets it on the table, loaded? He gets it back from "Dutch" and then just puts his gun and Dutch's in the cupboard and walks away,leaving them both unattended? Dutch could have gone in and grabbed them right back. Careless. They solved the case way too fast to be believable. Despite all that I thought that it gave Fin a big win, and that pleased me.

Chris Zimmer said...

Note - I updated the blog post to include the dialog where Fin gives an update on John Munch.

Martin Gray said...

Loved the stuff, but I think I missed why they had to run this case overnight. What was the hurry?