Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Not Everyone Wants Law & Order UK

It’s hard for me to imagine, but there actually are people out there who don’t want to see another version – a UK version - of Law & Order to hit the airwaves. I suppose if they can't have Sam Waterston, there's not much to look forward to. Well, except maybe Jamie Bamber.

The only pic of Jamie Bamber that I have, sorry.


Here’s an article from UK’s Guardian with an interesting take on the subject. I can only show you the first paragraph - apparently this is all the copyright laws in the UK allow me to show. If you want to read more you can access it from the link below.


A British Law & Order? No thanks
Posted by Diane Shipley
Wednesday September 17 2008 15:34 BST

Law & Order is the only American TV show to have started in 1990 and still be going strong. Its detectives and DAs may have had limited success in keeping the bad guys off the streets of Manhattan, but in its 18 years the programme has become a global phenomenon and spawned two successful spin-offs, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Law & Order: Criminal Intent....


The author of the article refers to our beloved ”doink doink” as a “bing bing”, but we know better.


Check out my blog home page for the latest Law & Order information,
here.

Also, see my companion Law & Order site,These Are Their Stories.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I am actually wanting to see this, I am wondering thought how they wil approach the series as some of things they say and do in the Law and Orders of the US may not be suitable for the UK one, due to the sensitivity of the subjects handled.

diane s said...

Hello,

Diane Shipley here. ('Doink Doink' has been noted!)

I don't mean to be heavy-handed when I say this, but I'm afraid it's against copyright laws to copy and paste my article in full here (and The Guardian could charge you for it) -- would you mind altering your post so it only quotes the first para then shows a link to read the rest? That's as much as is allowed by law (and order, haha).

All best,

Diane

Chris Zimmer said...

Diane, thanks for the information. I've made the correction and hope it looks OK to you!