Thursday, March 10, 2016

Rick Eid Named New L&O SVU Showrunner

Deadline.com reports that Rick Eid has been named as executive producer and showrunner for season 18 of Law & Order SVU, replacing Warren Leight who exits after the current season 17. Read the full story here: Deadline.com: Rick Eid Named New ‘Law & Order: SVU’ Showrunner, Inks Universal TV Deal




Check out my blog home page for the latest Law & Order information, on All Things Law And Order.

Also, see my companion Law & Order site,These Are Their Stories.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris, I just read the article. When they mention that he signed a two-year deal, does that mean he'll only be show runner for season 18 and a possible season 19?

Esaul said...

In a way, yes. While it doesn't guarantee a 19th season, it's still a good sign that they're willing to have a two year relationship with him.

Unknown said...

yeah, if the show is cancelled obviously he won't get two years but I guess they're planning to get a season 19? (could also be that he would only sign it if it was for 2 years and not 1, who knows :D)

gahks said...

I guess René Balcer turned it down?

Chris Zimmer said...

@gahks - he could have been unavailable! I would love to think he was waiting for Law & Order to resurrect but I don't think that will be happening any time soon...