Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New ADA for Law & Order SVU

EW’s super-scooper Michael Ausiello is reporting that Law & Order SVU is close to hiring a full time ADA. His sources confirm that actress Paula Patton is in advanced talks to take the ADA role. Ausiello says that Patton will replace Sharon Stone...who had replaced Stephanie March, who he says “has since moved on.” He adds that representatives for NBC and Wolf Films declined to comment. Stay tuned!

Michael’s story can be found at this link: 'Law & Order: SVU' exclusive: 'Precious' star circling new ADA post


Update July 21, 2010: It's been confirmed by several sources - Paula Patton has joined Law & Order SVU to play ADA Mikki Von.

Check out my blog home page for the latest Law & Order information, on All Things Law And Order, here.

Also, see my companion Law & Order site,These Are Their Stories.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad that Stephanie March isn't coming back. Well, sometimes some new cast members are just what they need to revitalize the show. It worked for Law & Order the original. (For two years anyway).

Joshua Morton said...

I'm going to miss Stephanie March (not Sharon Stone)! But hey, maybe we're getting a good deal on SVU for once. I just wish the writing wouldn't suck 'whale eggs' so to say.

Paula Patton.

Anonymous said...

Sharon Stone and Michaela McMannus should have never been with SVU. I liked Michaela over Sharon though.

I liked Paula Patton in Precious, I hope I like her on SVU!

Shelly said...

I don't know Paula Patton, but the idea of the squad having a permanent ADA who isn't Sharon Stone is a good one.

For reasons I still can't explain, I didn't care for Stephanie March when she came back this season. I don't blame her, but the writing of the Cabot character. It was almost as if they were creating a new character, and not writing based on how they had written Alex in the past.

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched SVU in years. The only reason I tuned in this season was for Stephanie March. SVU is terrible and the writing keeps getting worse. I was hoping that they would shake up the cast like they did with LOCI(preferably, Meloni getting replaced) and new and fresh writers but it seems that they are content with what they have. If they are going to get rid of Cabot permanently, I'm not going to bother with this show. It's a shame, really. It used to be the best one of the entire franchise.

Becky said...

I also just read on Vincent Spano's imdb page that someone read an article in EW (?) that he was slated to make a reappearance next season.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001759/board/thread/165570705

Anonymous said...

Even if the mothership gets on AMC, I wonder if McCoy will get more appearances. Hope so, would shake things up a bit.

Jason Rule said...

I'm wondering if there will be another male ADA on the show. Personally, I'd like to see Paul Zaloom, if only to make people scream "What's Beakman doing in this office?!" I mean, look at his Wikipedia picture; he already looks the part.

Chris Zimmer said...

Update - it's been confirmed by several sources that Paula has in fact joined the cast of Law & Order SVU.