Thursday, March 27, 2008

Law & Order New Episodes Begin in April

Law & Order has been working on three new episodes which begin airing in April. All I have for now are the titles for the most part. They are: Righteous Shoot, Bogeyman, and Strike.

TV Guide says the next new episode for L&O (which returns on April 23) is Jesse Martin’s last and he leaves with a story line that is “troubling and disturbing” according to executive producer Rene Balcer. Rene continues to say that Ed “may wish he were dead, but he’ll be alive.” Ed’s replacement, Kevin Bernard (Anthony Anderson) will come from Internal Affairs.

In one episode (I assume it’s the one titled “Strike”), Rubirosa (Alana De La Garza) switches sides when the Legal Aid lawyers go on strike. She’ll represent a poor defendant, opposite Michael Cutter (Linus Roache). Balcer says “They’ve got an “Adam’s Rib” thing going on.” (Adam’s Rib being an old movie with Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn.)

It all sounds interesting, but I hope that the scenario surrounding Jesse Martin’s leaving the show will not be so traumatic and disturbing as to overly upset the viewers. That would not make me a happy fan.

Check out my blog home page for the latest Law & Order information, here.

Also, see my companion Law & Order site,These Are Their Stories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. Is Rubirosa going to still work with Cutter & McCoy or is she going to pull a Jamie Ross and quit? I hope she doesn't leave the show too. I will miss Jesse, but Lupo is a good fit. I hope Jack & Van Buren will get some more face time. Thanks for such a great post!

Chris Zimmer said...

My guess is that she only has to switch sides temporarily since all the legal aid people are on strike, and the DA's office probably wants to keep the case load moving. But that's just a guess!