Thursday, November 29, 2007

"Dancing" Pummels SVU in the Ratings (11/27)

How the mighty have fallen. Several sources reports that Law & Order SVU was second in its time slot on Tuesday, November 27, beaten by "Dancing with the Stars." The web site Zap2It reports, "At 10 p.m., the "Dancing" finale soared to 16.8/26, doubling up on "Law & Order: SVU," which finished second for NBC at 8.2/13."

Considering the SVU promo people have been touting the dramatic car accident with Olivia (Mariska Hargitay) and Elliot's wife Kathy Stabler (Isabel Gillies), this has got to be a blow to NBC.

And where is Detective John Munch (Richard Belzer)? Did I miss something that explains his absence?

Maybe the ratings drop will cause NBC to look at whatever formula they're using this year for SVU and rethink it. But I won't hold my breath for it.


Check out my blog home page for the latest Law & Order information,
HERE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On this particular issue, I give SVU a pass. Dancing is a jaugernaut(sp?). It was the season finale. SVU is repeated so those who didn't see it the first time around will play catch up. Next week will be a better indicator for the show. Regardless, this show is slowly slipping into soap land. It's no longer must see for me. I look forward to watching CI on USA more that SVU.

On a side note, the whole Munch thing is aggravating. He's such a wonderful character. They've never utilized his character properly.

Karen said...

I agree about Munch. I love Belz. When I heard that Sam Waterston was going to be on SVU, I was hoping that Jack would walk into the SVU precinct, spot Munch, point at him, and yell, "YOU! Don't you say a word to me, and just...stay at your desk and away from me!"

And of course, Munch could tell everyone about the Red Mass...

I hate all "reality" type programming, and all those Dancing and cooking and vacuuming and picking your nose with the stars type shows. Ugh.